If you’re interested in registering with Trans-Genre but you’re not sure what to expect, we figured we’d break down the process to make it as clear as possible.
- Display Name – This appears at the top of your public artist page.
- Contact Name – This is private and used only if Trans-Genre needs to contact you.
- Email Address
Optional fields include:
- Gender/Pronoun – We ask out of respect, and never out of “need to know”
Once you’ve filled out all of the required fields and submitted your registration form you will receive an email with a login and password which will give you access to login on our site and begin building your profile. Check out our post How to optimize your artist profile for tips on setting your profile up and info on all of the features.
Your profile won’t go live on the site until it has been approved by a member of our staff to give you time to build and edit your featured content. Before approval, we require all artists have at minimum:
- 2 images, either of yourself and/or your artwork
- 3+ paragraph bio
- 1 external link, to your artist website, another site featuring your work, and/or your creative social networks
- 1 other form of media (audio/video) or 1 latest news post
After your profile has been approved and published on the site, you will be able to edit your profile, and enjoy all of the features of artist registration without further moderation.
We will send you occasional emails regarding your account, notifications of comments on your news posts, latest updates etc. You can un-publish your profile anytime by contacting us and requesting to be removed from our artist database.