Trans-Genre Artist profiles are designed to optimize artist promotion by giving viewers a digital press-kit version of your work. Included in your profile are pictures, a bio, audio/video examples and links to your work, a section dedicated to your latest news, and complete with streamlined social networking integration. Let’s go over the new features one by one and talk about how you can set your profile up to best optimize your promotion.
1. Your Artist Bio. This is your creative identity in 3-7 paragraphs, not too much more, and definitely no less. Consider it your “30 second commercial”. What do readers need to know to continue engaging with your work? What does your work offer? Why should they continue reading further? or continue on to your website and networks? This is your first impression, make it a good one.
2. External Links. Although we’re happy to showcase your work here, we do not have the capacity to build custom individualized websites for everyone. Your profile is intended to be a doorway into your work. An appetizer to entice potential fans to your artistic creations. Showcasing your work in a variety of mediums is always best, and having your own site is as important as being connected through many social networks. Whichever combinations you choose, we highly encourage you to have at least 1 external link to direct interested visitors to. Your links are located directly beneath your artist name to make connecting with you easy for fans. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to make those direct connections!
3. The Latest News. If you have a twitter connected to your account, your latest tweet will automatically be displayed here. Also featured in this section are your Latest News posts. Update visitors about upcoming shows, your latest releases, interviews you’ve done, and the current projects your working on.
4. Visitor Comments. Although your profiles are left to your discretion, Trans-Genre allows visitors to comment on artists news updates. This will help you get feedback, and keep your fans engaged with your work.
5. Share Artist. Social networking tools are integrated all throughout your profile, giving visitors the opportunity to share your bio, news posts, events, or your whole artist profile to their friends and communities.
6. Listen. upload up to 3 audio files. These could be songs, interviews, book readings, etc.
7. Events. All artists will have access to submitting events. Events will be featured in our general Events section, as well as summarized in the side bar of your profile. Each event submission will have it’s own page, and include information on the date, time, location, and cost of the event, as well as a summary, and artist info in the sidebar.
8. Direct Email Contact Form. If you choose to sessages will be forwarded to your email but your address will remain private. We didn’t think you’d want yet another email address to have to log into to check important messages, so we decided to let visitors send them directly to you.
9. Visual Media Gallery. Photo’s and video’s go here! A great gallery will include images/likeness’ of yourself, as well as your work. Consider a video of a performance/song, as well as an interview, or one that showcases your speaking talents.
We hope that this overview has proven helpful, and will discuss other useful features like Artist Opportunities, and Street Team collaboration in a future post.